SQL, it is a special-purpose programming language designed for managing data held in a RDBMS (relational database management system) or for stream processing in a RDSMS (relational data stream management system).
What mainly is sql
• SQL stands for Structured Query Language
• SQL allows us to access and manipulate databases
• SQL is an ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
What sql can do
Queries can be executed by SQL against a database.
This language can retrieve data from a database
SQL can insert records in a database
SQL can update records in a database
From a database SQL can delete records
SQL can create new databases
This language can create new tables in a database
In a database this language can create stored procedures.
SQL can create views in a database.
History of sql
1970 -- Dr. E. F. "Ted" of IBM also known as the father of relational databases. He described a relational model for databases.
1974 -- Structured Query Language appeared.
1978 -- IBM worked to develop Codd's ideas and released a product named System/R.
Using sql in our website
To build that website that shows data from a database, we will need:
An RDBMS database program (i.e. MS Access, SQL Server, MySQL)
To use a server-side scripting language such as PHP or ASP
To use SQL to get the data you want
To use HTML / CSS
1. Viewing the data without storing the data into the object.
2. Restrict the view of a table that is it can hide some of columns in the tables.
3. Join two or more tables and show it as one object to user.
4. Restrict the access of a table so that nobody can insert the rows into the table.
1.We can not use DML operations on this.
2. When table is dropped view becomes inactive. It usually depends on the table objects.
3. It is an object so it will occupy space.